Reg. No.: 2013/046246/08
THE SMALL CONTRACTORS ASSOCIATION
OF SOUTH AFRICA (SCASA)
To be the leading voice for small contractors in South Africa.
To uplift and empower small contractors in South Africa through training and capacity building
• Small Contractors Association of South Africa (SCASA) is a non-profit organisation registered under the Companies Act 71 of 2008.
• Small contractors will be defined as previously disadvantaged privarely-owned construction companies.
• SCASA’s main aim is to uplift and empower small contractors by providing them opportunities in the Building and Construction Industry.
• SCASA will assist small contractors in accessing work opportunities in the building sector, financial institutions and skills training institutions.
• SCASA exists in order to promote and create an environment conducive to the profitable and efficient operations of small contractors.
WHO IS THE SMALL CONTRACTOR?
• A company that has a CIDB grading of 1 to 5.
• A company that is owned by previously disadvantaged individuals being women and youth.
• A company that is owned by a disabled person or persons.
CODE OF PRACTISE FOR SCASA
- At all times uphold the rules and regulations of the industry
- Behave equitably, honestly and transparently.
- Discharge duties and obligations timeously and with integrity.
- Comply with all applicable legislation and associated regulations.
- Satisfy all relevant requirements established in procurement documents.
- Avoid conflicts of interest.